Click here to edit MUSIC The Music Curriculum at Assumption Academy is designed to broaden a general knowledge of basic musical skills and concepts at the Pre-Kindergarten/Kindergarten Levels . Through participation in the music program, students are led to a deeper appreciation of melody, rhythm, harmony, texture, ethnic cultures, and musical styles. Music holds a prominent place in the spectrum of Arts and is of paramount importance in the development of the whole child.
Pre-School & Kindergarten Curriculum
1. Singing Alone and with Others 1a. Students sing alone and on pitch and in rhythm with appropriate diction and posture. 1b. Students sing expressively with appropriate dynamics. 1c. Students sing from memory a varied repertoire of multi-cultural songs. 1d. Students sing in groups responding to the cues of a conductor. 1e. Students recognize upward and downward movement of music.
2. Instrumental Performance 2a. Identify classroom percussion instruments. 2b. Students perform easy rhythmic patterns while maintaining a steady tempo. 2c. Students perform in groups with musical accompaniment, responding to cues of a conductor.
3. Composition and Improvisation
4. Movement 4a. Students respond rhythmically through movement to various works and styles. 4b. Students dramatize various songs and moods.
5. Reading and Notation
6. Listening Skills 6a. Students identify styles, rhythm and moods of various songs. 6b. Students identify vocal qualities. 6c. Students identify various environmental sounds. 6d. Students identify sounds of a variety of instruments.
9. Understanding Music Historically and Culturally 9a. Students demonstrate appropriate audience behavior.
Assumption Academy of Our Lady of the Assumption Parish