Assumption Academy Pre-K-Plus Class 11/12-11/21/18
We certainly had ourselves one Great n' Glorious Gg Week in Room 5 ! We began working on Thanksgiving-themed crafts and projects, are practicing our Hymns with Sister Kathleen for our upcoming Prayer Service...we learned about our Veterans --their courageous roles they have and continue to play in keeping us safe and in preserving our freedoms for our country and its citizens. Let's see, what else? Well, our mathematicians truly enjoyed a hands on Geometry Lesson involving the use of toothpicks and gumdrops to create 2-D and 3-D structures... Ella's Eiffel Tower and Logan's Trap were absolute stand-outs indeed!! (impressive stuff !) We also enjoyed spending time with Charlie's Grand-mom this past Friday-"Grandmom" -as we all lovingly refer to her- read us a sports themed soccer storybook which contained an important message/lesson on how to deal with both winning and losing when playing sports and games. Thank You, "Grand-mom."
Some important reminders and requests for our Week and a half Ahead:
1. Would everyone Please Send in one or two Brown Grocery Bags by this Tuesday, 11/13? We'll use these to make our Native American Vests for our School-wide Thanksgiving Celebration. Thanks folks!
2. Our Academy will celebrate Veterans Day tomorrow, 11/12. Please dress your Patriot in as Much RED, WHITE and BLUE as possible!! Caps, ribbons, face paint, Patriotic attire from top to toe, please! We are counting on 100% Participation!!
3. This coming Wednesday, 11/14, our 4 year old classes are having a Pajamas and Pancakes Day, hooray! So, kiddos, come in dressed in your comfy pj's, and bring in your stuffed animal of choice.
4. This Friday, 11/16 we shall celebrate our Thanksgiving Prayer Service in our Church Building. Our Prayer Service begins at 9:30 am--do kindly drop your child off at the usual time (between 8:50 and 9:00 am) as we will need time to visit the restrooms prior to church and warm up our golden voices...we are planning to Raise the Rooftops for sure!! Sr. Kathy has beautifully prepared our choristers, this promises to be a lovely and uplifting service...we are hoping and praying for each of our students to have a parent and/or grand-parent representative in OLA's Church building on the morning of the 16th! (length of service, approximately 30 minutes) Ask your sweetie-pies to sing "Give Thanks to the Lord" and "Pit-a-Pat" for you. Kindly dress your child in her/his "Sunday Best" attire for our morning church visit. DO Remember to pack a change of sporty attire, including sneakers for our Sports Day Friday afternoon. Thanks, all.
5. Next Wednesday, 11/21 we will celebrate Thanksgiving with a School-wide Feast in our Gym. Mrs. Aglira has sent out a Sign-up Genius. Please consider volunteering to bring in requested food, beverage or paper products. A couple of volunteers (parents with clearances) to help set our tables and a couple of volunteers to join us after in class to read a themed story or 2 and play a themed game would be most welcome! Gracias!
6. I am including a Parent Teacher Conference Schedule List with this communication. I am looking forward to meeting our parents to discuss your child's developments to date. Conference Day occurs on Friday, 12/07--there is No School and No Cares on this date. I will meet with you in our classroom on the morning of the 7th. Looking forward to chatting with you all!
Our Virtue of the Week--On Appreciation and Acceptance.
Monday, 11/12-Hh and # 8 Week; please prepare your letter-master with 2-3 Hh words for our Word Bank; Homework Books out today; ELA Day; Religion Class with Sr. Kathleen; Math Class on a new Addition Unit; Smart Board "Inspire My Kids" Weekly Virtues Lesson on 6 year old Danny Keefe and his Band of Brothers, inspiring stuff here! Remember to Dress in a.m.r.w.a.b.a.p.--as much Red, White and Blue as possible for our Veterans Salute Day.
Tuesday, 11/13-Social Studies--History Lesson on the background and origins of our Thanksgiving Holiday; Native American Head-dresses Created; Smart Board Scholastic "Let's Find Out" about the Pilgrims, Native Americans and the first Thanksgiving (Harvest Feast).
Wednesday, 11/14-Religion Class; Thanksgiving-themed Literature, Songs and Crafts through the next week and a half; Homework Books are due By Today Please; Science Catch up Lesson on the Brain. It's PJ's and Pancake Day today for Mrs. Murphy, Mrs. Oelkers and Mrs. Rizzo's Classes, so do wear your fav pajamas and come on in with a stuffed pet please, friends! Native American Beaded Necklaces. (pizza day)
Thursday, 11/15-Thanksgiving Vests (Native American) designed; Mindfulness with Yoga, theme of acceptance and appreciation--wear your stretchy comfy attire please yogis and yoginis :)
Friday, 11/16-Thanksgiving Prayer Service, 9:30 am in Church--PLEASE JOIN US for a special schoolwide gathering of prayer and song. Dress in Sunday Best ! Pack your Sports Day clothes and sneaks! Quiz Day and Sports Day Friday--basketball unit--dribbling, passing and shooting practiced! (soft pretzel day)
Monday, 11/19-no new letter or number, no homework either this week; Religion Class with Sr. Kathleen; Math Class on Thanksgiving themed activities; Thanksgiving themed literature, songs, crafts. Feast preparations.
Tuesday, 11/20-Religion Class; Smart Board Scholastic Magazine Videos and inter-active Games on the History of Thanksgiving. Catch up day on crafts for the holiday.
Wednesday, 11/21-Schoolwide Thanksgiving Feast at 10 am in our Gym--thanks to All who are donating items and/or volunteering to help set-up and host this festive gathering. Today we dismiss ALL STUDENTS at 12 pm. We return to school from our Thanksgiving Holidays on Monday, 11/26.
Well now, fellow sports fans, our Birds are getting ready for a big one tonite vs. our arch-rival, those Dallas Cowboys--here's hoping the addition of talented receiver Golden Tate adds a few more T.D.'s to each and every game remaining... and gets us to the PLAYOFFS!!! Sportscaster Ray Didinger predicts an Eagles victory--23 Birds, 14 Dallas--Fly Eagles Fly!! Big Acquisition for our 76ers--Minnesota Timberwolves Jimmy Butler--star studded shooter, Yes!!! Flyers shut out Blackhawks, 4-0 yesterday!
A special shout-out...(to conclude this rather lengthy "epistle":)
Please know how truly Grateful and Thankful I am to/for each of my "Elite 18" students and our parents/finest of families! THANK YOU for ALL that you do, day in and day out to prepare your sweet sons and dear daughters so beautifully for their days at school and for "life in general." You are The Best!! Have yourselves a Very Happy Safe Blessed Thanksgiving Holiday!!
Yours Truly, Mrs. Lisa Rizzo
"Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things like the scent of the rain, the taste of your favorite food, or the sound of a loved one's voice."--Joseph B. Wirthlin
"Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings."--William Arthur Ward
Assumption Academy of Our Lady of the Assumption Parish