1. Programs are based on current research on how young children learn best.
2. Lessons are meaningful, hands-on learning experiences in classrooms for young children.
3. Teachers provide well-thought out educational experiences that demonstrate knowledge and respect for each child.
4. We work to ensure that children have literacy experiences that include storytelling, quality children’s literature, and acting out stories rather than activities that isolate and drill discrete skills.
5. Teachers skillfully build curriculum from what children can do and understand instead of direct teaching skills that are disconnected from children’s understanding.
6. Our school respects the language and culture of children and their families, we encourage families to take ownership and to make sure that their history and experiences are included and valued.
7. The administration works to design schedules that provide ample time for families and school personnel to meet and work together.
8. We ensure that teachers who have specialized training in early childhood education are placed in all of our classrooms.
*PA standards along with Archdiocesan Guidelines and a Center design are at the heart of instruction in all of our classrooms. For Further Information see Links below.